Saturday, August 15, 2009

Misc: The Word XIII

Not much to post lately! According to Knope Knows, filming of Parks and Recreation Season 2 has started and besides that she's been laying low.

VIDEO
I Love You, Man came out on DVD and Blu-Ray this past week. Somebody has posted the gag reel on YouTube...


"Harsh frickin toke, dude"
Part 2 is here
-------------------------------------------------

INTERVIEW
She did an interview with IGN to promote the release:
Jones on Being in Love
IGN: Judging by the gag reel on this DVD, you guys look like you had a good time on the set.

Jones: Yeah, it kind of set the bar pretty high for a standard of fun while working. Which, I guess, is a good thing. Maybe it's not a good thing in the long run, but at the time it's literally the most fun I've ever had on a shoot ever. There were days when I wasn't working when I would go to set to hang out.
...
IGN: It does seem you're doing a lot of straight-women roles these days.

Jones: Yeah. Parks and Recreation is my third consecutive job like that. The first being The Office and then I Love You, Man. But the nice thing is that I do truly believe there's got to be a certain equilibrium in comedy. And if you're watching a movie and you're responding to the outlandish character, you're really seeing the movie through the eyes of the straight person. So hopefully, if I'm doing my job correctly, everybody's laughing. And maybe people aren't necessarily thinking I'm the funniest one, which is totally fine. But I do think there's a certain essential need to have that person. ... And listen, it's nice for me because it's very close to who I am. I have a lot of funny friends and I get to participate in the comedy with them, but I'm not over-the-top or whatever. One day it might be nice to do something where I'm just balls to the wall, just crazy.


Read the rest here
-------------------------------------------------

BLOGS
8/11: Beans & Mango

Rashida guest-blogged on Beans and Mango, the personal blog of Katie Fine, an LA based Interior Designer and friend of hers. She recommends these products:


with Katie Fine in the Glamour feature about her LA home
See the other scans here (original post: 2/27)
-------------------------------------------------

SIGHTINGS
8/14: Filming Parks and Recreation

Haircut! Accidental Sexiness has 8 more photos of her on the set

8/12: The 11th Annual Day of Indulgence
...Hollywood producer Jennifer Klein's Day of Indulgence party, where guests make the annual pilgrimage to Klein's Brentwood home for an afternoon of shopping, snacking and girl talk...


Kate Walsh and Rashida Jones
Even though I'm barefoot right now, I'm obsessed with shoes...and purses!" admitted Kate Walsh (in a Dries Van Noten wrap). "This is a great kind of lady orgy!" Parks and Recreation star Rashida Jones (in Stella McCartney) indulged her passion for beauty products with a touch-up by CoverGirl makeup artist Molly Stern and left with a gift bag full of goodies from brands like Jurlique, NARS and Yes to Carrots.

8/14: Celebrity hairstylist’s newest salon already star-studded
A brief mention as a client of "celebrity hairstylist" Ted Gibson. I guess he did her new look?

By Jeff Dufour and Kiki Ryan (Washington Examiner)
He only opened his newest salon [in Chevy Chase] a few months ago, but already Ted Gibson is living up to the “celebrity” part of his “celebrity hairstylist” tag.
...
Speaking of the White House, another celeb who has some familiarity with 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is actress Rashida Jones. She, too, has trusted her hair to Gibson’s shears, no doubt when she’s the plus-one to chief speechwriter Jon Favreau, whose arm she’s frequently been spotted clutching.

-------------------------------------------------

TV ALERT
8/17: Her appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (see below) will re-air on Monday night